Mt Moroto 3 Peaks 3 Days Trek
Mt Moroto 3 Peaks 3 Days Trek; Join us for the newly developed epic Mt Moroto 3 Peaks in 3 Days Trek, starting from Moroto town. The trek is a moderate hike with a strenuous climb on the first day, a scenic hike over the ridges and through the forests on the second day and a half-day descend on the last day.
• Arrival: 22 Jan
• Trekking: 23,24,25 Jan
• Departure: 26 Jan
The hike is a total of 30Km with the starting point in Moroto town at 1400m above sea-level. The total ascend is 2,250m and the campsites will be located at 10Km distance from each other.
Imagit / Leoron 2773m
✓ Experienced guides
✓ Porters (not for personal items)
✓ Community contribution
✓ Camping gear (tent, mat, sleeping bag)
✓ All (traditional) meals; local snacks and drinks (water, tea, coffee). Starting from day of arrival up to the last dinner at Kara-Tunga Safari Camp.
✓ Budget accommodation at Kara-Tunga Arts & Tours
✓ 60min vehicle transfer from the finish back to Moroto town.
• Non-residents: $200 Sharing / $225 Single
• Residents: $190 Sharing / $215 Single
• Citizens: $180 Sharing / $200 Single
If there’s enough interest in shared transport, we are able to organise a comfortable 7-passengers van to transport the team from Kampala to Moroto and back. The price at full occupancy is $85 per person.
• A backpack, 45L recommended
• 2 x Refillable water bottles 1.5L
• Reusable lunch box
• Trouser and foldable shirt for hiking
•Hiking shoes with good grip for trail sections with loose stones and steep rock-faces.
• Suncream, cap and/or scarf
• There will be no opportunity for bathing during the trek. Bush-toilets will be created sustainably.
• Guests carry their own snacks, 3L water and personal belongings for each day during the trek.
• Daytime temperature rises to 35C and evenings and mornings can be windy and as cold as 8C.
• Grass is tall in some sections of the trail so wear something that covers body parts.