Design Hackathon Kampala
Garage48 is coming to Uganda to carry out a design hackathon in October 2021 to empower the local talents in digital design and prototyping skills and prepare them to enter the technology and startup sector.
Design Hackathon is a 5-day workshop to learn the basics of design, user experience, branding, design, and prototyping tools.
During the hackathon the participants will learn:
– visual design principles
– user experience (UX) design fundamentals
– how to listen and observe users
– use basic design tools
– branding fundamentals and insights into why people buy brands
– real-world tips and tricks
– a clear understanding of the principles and benefits of good user experience (UX) and how to apply it to your design
– how to work in a team
The workshop is built around the Garage48 hackathon format with team formation, checkpoints, mentoring sessions, and pitching, led by Garage48 design and prototyping experts.